OR/OB Simulation Wing
- Two ceiling microphones inside each of the five rooms.
- Two Pan-Tilt-Zoom cameras per room.
- 40” Samsung plasma display for vitals and in-room debriefing.
- Overhead paging system speaker for announcements from the control room.
ICU/Trauma Simulation Wing
- Two ceiling microphones in each of the 6 configurable bays.
- Two PTZ cameras per bay.
- A PC in each bay with our web based software for camera control and recording.
- 40” Samsung plasma displays for vitals and in-room debriefing
- Two ceiling microphones in each of the 14 rooms.
- Two PTZ cameras per room.
- A desktop PC for Post Encounter Checklists using our web based software.
- A Plasma screen in five of the 14 rooms for debriefing or simulation.
- Overhead speakers for announcements from the control room
There are three main control stations for each wing at NYSIM—North, East and West—each equipped with:
- Two 40” Samsung display monitors for easy camera viewing of each room in that wing.
- A Crestron touch panel for centralized controlling of display outputs as well as overhead paging and camera controls.
- Joystick camera control for accurate viewing angles.
- Overhead paging microphones.
- Headphones to listen into each room.
- A computer station that allows recording, playback and live view from any room in NYSIM using EMS based software.
- Clearcom wireless intercom systems for one-to-one confederate communication.
- Revolabs wireless lapel microphones for instructor communication to the control room
NYSIM’s four classrooms are equipped with:
- SMART technology, two SMART Boards and two SMART Podiums.
- Canon WUX10 Mark II overhead projection system.
- Two Vaddio cameras for recording a debriefing, didactic sessions or video conferencing.
- Two JBL speakers for sound efficiency in each room.
- Two drop ceiling Boom Mics and cameras for multipurpose recording
- PCs for each of the four rooms
There are six conference rooms at NYSIM (two in each wing) equipped with:
- Vaddio cameras for recording a debriefing or video conferencing.
- 40” Samsung plasma screens for presentations, debriefing a recorded video or live view of any room throughout NYSIM.
- A media rack with a CD/DVD and VHS player.
- One conference room is equipped with two 60” plasmas for video conferencing purposes.